Friday, December 7, 2007

Let's get this out of the way.

My child's name is not, in actual fact, Bacon. Never was, never will be. It's a nickname we used for a while, before discovering her gender, and it's an affectionate endearment her uncles still use with her.

One would think, upon encountering the name "Bacon's Mom" on teh interwebz, that it's a clever moniker designed to protect a toddler's anonymity, yes? Apparently not. I guess the stupid people are breeding even faster than usual, because the number one question I'm asked in life isn't "How are you?" or "What's your name?".

No, it's "Did you really name your kid 'Bacon'? That's dumb." Only there's always fewer apostrophes. And capital letters. And less coherence.

So, no. I did not really name my kid Bacon. But doesn't it make for a great blog name?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some eggs for my bacon!